Girl Genius Fan Site Guidelines
We love fan sites. They make us feel so happy and loved. Artists are really pathetic that way. REEEALY pathetic.
A while ago, we were contacted by someone asking for permission to make one. Now, we are legally bound to defend our trademarks and copyrights, or we risk losing them, but we wanted to give permission for this worthy endeavor to continue. So we asked our beloved lawyer how we could allow fan sites without compromising our marks. (Some people have security blankets, we have our lawyer.) Here are the results of our research, posted for future (we can only hope) fans with the same question.
Without further ado, here's what you need to do avoid getting a letter from our Attorney:
- Please don't make your fan site look like it is part of any official Studio Foglio, LLC/Airship Books site (girlgeniusonline.com is one of them.)
- Don't use the actual trademarked logos.
- Please do link to us at www.girlgenius.net (or www.girlgeniusonline.com, www.airshipbooks.com, or www.studiofoglio.com) We now have link banners for just such a purpose. Remember that telling people where to buy our stuff helps ensure that there will be more stuff like it!
- This is for fan sites only, no permission is implied or granted for commercial use. No license is granted or implied by our posting of these guidelines.
- Remember that the indicia on the books says, "No part of this book may be reproduced in any form (including electronic) without permission in writing from the publisher; except for brief passages in connection with a review."
- Please be co-operative if we ask you to remove something for some reason. We'll try to be nice about it if we feel that it is necessary. If you follow these guidelines, we are unlikely to interfere with a kindly-meant site.
- Please post the some version of the following sentiment:
"This site is not approved by, sponsored by or affiliated with Studio Foglio LLC or Airship Entertainment."
- Please have fun and let us have a look! Thank you for reading.
Girl Genius is written by Professors Phil & Kaja Foglio of TPU, with drawings by Prof. P. Foglio.
Volume One was inked by Brian Snoddy. Volumes Two and Three were colored by Mark McNabb. Volume Four was colored by Laurie E. Smith. Cheyenne Wright is our current colorist. His work begins with Volume Five. Our email and social media assistant is Chris Sorensen.
Girl Genius is a registered trademark of Studio Foglio, LLC. Agatha Heterodyne, Transylvania Polygnostic and all Girl Genius art, characters, design elements and logos & ©2000-2022 Studio Foglio, LLC., All rights reserved. Airship Entertainment™ is an imprint of Studio Foglio LLC, and publishes Girl Genius Graphic Novels on a yearly basis. Look for them in your favorite bookstore!
AutoKeen Lite programmed by Darren Bleuel, as a service of Keenspot Comics.
Special thanks to RB "Sparks" who took it apart and made it work.